Donations & GivingHere you will find information about the Generosity Campaign and Endowment Fund
Let It Grow
March 19 – May 7, 2023
Make a pledge payment to UUCR
UUCR provides multiple options for making a pledge payment:
- Put a check (or cash in an envelope) in the offering plate – please just indicate “pledge” in the memo line or on the envelope
- If you’re at the church at any other time, you can put your check or envelope with payment, with “pledge” noted in the memo line or on the envelope, in the locked white box on the church office door
- You can mail a check to the church: UUCR | 2015 Grandin Rd SW | Roanoke, VA 24015; again, please indicate “pledge” in the memo line
- You can pay online using our donation portal Vanco, which also provides the option of automatic repeat payments, if you find that preferable. Click the button to get started with Vanco.
Let it grow
Let it grow
Let the love inside you show
Plant a seed inside the earth
Just one way to know its worth
Let’s celebrate the world’s rebirth
We say let it grow!
From Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax (Original Motion Picture), written by John Powell & Cinco Paul
Please help us continue this important work by making your pledge to UUCR today.
- 85.3% 85.3%
As of 5/15/23 (9:07 pm), we have received 100 pledges, accounting for a commitment of $227,685, which is 85.3% of our new campaign goal of $267,000.
UUCR is now three years into Rev. Walter’s five-year Developmental Ministry contract. During this important time, we are focusing on the following Developmental Goals:
- Increase our work on anti-racism, anti-oppression, multi-cultural awareness.
- Increase and improve connections and outreach into the community.
- Develop strong leadership and increase incubation and nurturing of Mission Groups.
- Develop healthy attitudes and trust relationships with authority.
- Transform stewardship into a vibrant culture of support of the church
- Build community around a sense of mission with broad appeal.
Strive for 3-5%
The UUA Fair Share Contribution Guide was formally introduced at UUCR in 2022. We encourage you to “strive for 3 to 5%” of your household income for this year’s pledge.
Please click the button below to view the full UUA Fair Share Contribution Guide.
A giving program of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Roanoke
About the Fund
The Endowment Fund of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Roanoke consists of the monies given to the church above and beyond those annual contributions required to directly support the church operating budget. Your gift will continue to help future generations.
Management of the Fund
Four trustees, elected by the congregation, manage the Endowment Fund using specific guidelines and policies established by the congregation. The fiduciary duty of the trustees ensures that the fund is managed responsibly for the long term benefit of the church. The Endowment trustees invest the Fund in conformity with the bylaws of the church and the 2008 Virginia Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act. Annually, the trustees determine the amount of the Endowment Fund earnings available to the Board in support of our principles and our church.
Assets are reported quarterly to the UUCR Board, and to the congregation at its annual meeting.
Donor Tax Benefits
Gifts to the Endowment Fund in most cases can result in substantial income tax savings. For specifics, please consult your professional advisor.
How to Give
The Endowment Fund principal grows primarily by gifts from church members and friends. Some members contribute periodically to the fund, some contribute through their estates, and some make special contributions in honor or memory of family members, friends, or church members. Types of gifts and ways of giving include checks and cash; securities; Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and employer retirement accounts such as 401k, 403b, or 457 plans; property, including real estate, art objects, and other items of value; and naming UUCR as beneficiary of wills and life insurance policies.
Click here for the UUCR Endowment Fund Gift Intent: Endowment Gift Intent Form
The Seven Principles Funds
These quasi-endowment funds are not bound by UPMIFA requirements, but shall be prudently invested based on the anticipated time frame of disbursements from these funds.
The Goodykoontz Fund
The Goodykoontz Fund, a thoughtful bequest from Jack and Helen Goodykoontz to UUCR, is to be used for capital expenditures only, at the discretion and direction of the UUCR Board. The link below explains how to request funds:
For More Information
For additional information about the Endowment Fund and gifts to the Fund, please contact one of the current trustees. For the names of the trustees or other information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call the church office at (540) 342-8888, or send a letter to the attention of the Endowment Trustees, UUCR, 2015 Grandin Road, Roanoke, VA. 24015.
The Mission and Ministry Fund was created in 2017 with a generous donation of $100,000 from Walter Dixon. The purpose of the fund is to minister to our congregation and to extend our mission beyond the walls of the church. Proposals will be considered in the areas of education, social justice and more. Additional donations to this fund are welcome. To obtain a form, click the link below:
- M&M Fund Brochure
- M&M Fund Grant Application (Deadlines: Mar 1 and Sep 1)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.