Welcome to the
UU Church of Roanoke organizations
Members of these organizations may be found in the UUCR contact directory.
- The Board. The UUCR Board is comprised of 10 members, elected by the congregation, who serve rotating terms. The Board positions consist of: The President-elect, the President, the Past President, the VP Council, The VP Finance, the Clerk, and four members-at-large. The Board is specifically tasked with setting policies, making financial decisions, and developing & implementing the long-range goals of the church.
- The Council. The Council is the way the church supports the day to day volunteer activities of the church -- which is the majority of church functioning!
- Shared Ministry Committee. To support and monitor the well-being of the church-wide ministry -- a ministry in which all members, friends and professional staff are involved in ministering to each other and the wider community and in affirming the Unitarian Universalist principles. Details
- Choir. Rehearses Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings; sings in service twice monthly, with special performances at other times. Contact Kerry Morgiewicz for more information (342-8888)
- Non-theists. This interesting group meets monthly at the church. Members take turns leading discussions that range anywhere from book reviews to in depth looks at topics such as Eugenics. Contact Annie F. (540-904-5122) or Amar K. (540-389-0026)
- Men's Luncheon. Meets at 12:30 pm each Thursday for manly camaraderie. contact Ron Salzbach. 989-6902
- Green Team. For details, contact Bob Egbert, (540)384-7448, click here, or check the newsletter.
Back to the UUCR homepage
To the UUCR calendar and event page
Last updated 2014 October 2 (jdh).
Page hits: 1908 since 2014 Jan 20