Adult religious education classes
Class are offered throughout the church year. Come join us! Contact Alan Moore.
- Living the Questions classes are offered Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in the Olin room. Childcare will be provided. Gene Edmunds is the contact.
- A six-week series began in November and will run Dec 3, 10, and 17 to discuss Lloyd Geering’s book Coming Back To Earth, From gods, to God, to Gaia. Each participant is encouraged to purchase your own book.
- We will skip two weeks then begin with a new series on January 7th.
Children religious education classes
A variety of classes are offered throughout the church year. See the LFD section and the website.
Youth Group religious education classes
A High School Youth Group meet each Sunday from 5-7 pm in the YRUU room. There are times we meet and go offsite and those are announced in the weekly e-news.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Olin room, and are open for all to attend. All Board reports are due on the first Monday of each month.
There are several Choir groups holding practices and events throughout the year.
- UUCR’s Choir is led by Music Director Kerry Morgiewicz, practices each Wednesday from 7-9 pm. There will not be a practice on December 27.
- Goodenuf Choir, led by Beth Caruthers, has practice beginning at 6 pm on Dec 5, 11, and 18 in the Olin room.
- Children’s Christmas rehearsals will be on Dec 3, 10, and 17th after service in the Broker room. Email Kerry or Alan if interested.
Community Outreach Committees
- Diversity Action Group meet on Dec 3, from 12:30-1:30 pm in the Olin room. Contact Barbara Smith with questions at email@example.com.
- Men’s group meets weekly on Thursdays from 12:30-1:30 pm in the Olin room for fellowship and lunch.
- Women’s group will meet on December 7 and 21 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm in the YRUU room. For more information, contact Bonnie Nelson at 540.588.1452.
Ministry & Mission
The M & M committee decided to solicit another round of proposals for the Fund. The deadline for the proposals is December 3, 2017 at 12:15 p.m. (sharp). Contact Margie Garber at firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee meets in the YRUU room on Dec 3rd from 12:15-1:15 pm.
Tai Chi and Meditation Groups
UUCR has two different groups that meet throughout the month and all are welcome.
- Tai Chi (Qigong and Taijiquan class) reduces stress, increases stamina, flexibility, coordination, balance, and much more. Students learn the move sequence of the Yang family style Taijiquan and much more. Your first class is Free. Classes are held every Monday from 6-7 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Contact Alan Armstrong at email@example.com
- Vipassna Meditation Group meets every other Thursday from 6:30-8 pm in the Olin room. Each meeting begins with a presentation on the factors called the 5 Hindrances and equally relevant while meditating and negotiating the conflicts of everyday life. No prior experience is necessary. Contact is Mary Ann Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org