For more information on the programs above, feel free to download our prospectus in PDF format. The links on the page are click-able!
Intergenerational Project: Lend Your Voice!
- Before April 1, 2021, visit uuroanoke.org/gmlib to express your interest in the project
- Fill out the form to express your interest and preferred type of contribution
- Start writing or planning, keeping in mind that all submissions must be original work due to copyright laws.
- When contacted, submit your contribution via the instructions given – different media types will be funneled in different directions
This semester-long project (February 1 to May 31) can use every voice in the congregation.
Keep in Touch with Remind
Joining Remind is as easy as sending a text or clicking a link!
To join by text, send the corresponding code(s) below to 81010.
If it is your first time using Remind, you will be prompted to select your role and give a little bit of information. Your role will be P for Parent or S for Student. It is safe for grades 6 and up to be on Remind if a parent chooses to add them.
PreSchool – @uucrpre
K-2nd – @uucrk2
3rd – 5th – @uucr35
MSYG (6th-8th) – @uucrmsyg
YRUU (9th-12th) – @uucryruu
Young Adult (ages 18-35) & Campus Ministry – @uucryac
Adult Religious Education – @uucrad
OR you can simply click the corresponding link below! There is also a tutorial link if you need more help from Remind themselves.
Lifespan Faith Development Goals
- Catalyze and nurture learning and growth for all ages
- Foster religious literacy and our individual and congreagational UU identity
- Provide relevant, inclusive, multigenerational faith dvevelopment opportunities
- Act as individuals to develop our social conscience and take compassionalte steps to love our faith in community
Accessibility, Inclusion, and Safety
We strive to provide safe, welcoming, and courageous spaces for people of all backgrounds and abilities. We are working on a long-term plan to provide comprehensive access to classrooms on the second floor. In the short-term we have ground floor classroom space available for Sunday RE classes and weekly programs. UUCR has a two background-checked adult policy for all work with minors as part of an overall child abuse prevention policy, in addition to clear policies and procedures for childcare, behavior, visitors, safety, and emergencies.