Cheers to our dedicated child care staff for their support of our nursery and adult RE programs. Our urgent, growing need for child care reflects a growing participation in lifespan faith development programs. Please contact Alan to sign up for paid child care shifts.
- Fall RE Wednesday Night movies are at 7 pm in Olin
Sept 27, 7 pm – “Laugh ology, The acclaimed documentary about why we laugh”
- Youth Group: This Sunday, Oct 1st; 5 pm at Altus Chocolate Lounge Chocolate lovers! Our youth group will be meeting Sunday evening October 1st at UUCR. We will then travel to Altus Chocolate Lounge. Join us! There is an ongoing need for advisors and drivers. Please contact Alan Moore at email@example.com to discuss these and other volunteer opportunities. We still have need for teachers and substitutes, too!
- RE Friday film night, on the second Friday of each month. Oct 13th, 6:30 – The Harry Potter film series will resume with drinks and popcorn. Pizza will be available for purchase by the slice.
OUR FALL CLASSES…
- Our young witches and wizards at Hogwarts Roanoke are continuing to collect new books in support of Reading Seeds. Your contributions to the book drive can be deposited in the cloak area across from the nametags.
- On the last Sunday of October, our kids will be at the service in costume, seeking treats in support of the ‘It’s Scary to be Hungry’ food drive, continuing through November. Your support and encouragement are much appreciated.
October 29 from 10 am-3 pm
Cave Spring Kroger
The UUCR Youth Group will be collecting food donations on October 29 in front at the Cave Spring Kroger from 10 am-3 pm. Be sure to stop by before or after service to grocery shop and donate too. Thanks in advance for all your support. If you have any questions, email us anytime. Alan Moore and Bonnie Evans, UUCR.
YRUU youth continue to participate in the monthly Pack-a-Snack program. The need continues to rise, which is why it is so important UUCR continue to donate snack size nutritional foods to this worthy cause. Thank you for all the continued support! Contact Bonnie Evans with any questions.