It takes a lot of work to build community!
Please contact Judy to learn about weekly service opportunities with A/V, Coffee, Greeters, Kitchen, Life Lines, Recycling, and Ushers.
Please contact Bonnie to get involved with Faith Development for all ages.
Watch below for upcoming service and community opportunities
I want to support faith formation with our children and youth, but I don’t know how to help! What can I do?
There are many meaningful ways to get involved!:
- Our core guides commit to serve on a team for one age group for an average of 2 Sundays per month. Our core guides provide the stability and consistency to nurture group development and covenant-building to serve the spiritual needs of one class throughout the semester.
- Our complementary guides support Sunday group work in our classrooms with a commitment of as little as one Sunday per month. Our kids love seeing new faces and hearing new perspectives.
- Youth advisors show up to support high school or middle school youth events that typically fall outside of worship times. Our youth are motivated by the call to social justice, and meet sometimes at church and sometimes elsewhere in the community.
- Childcare providers spend Sunday mornings playing and building friendships with our wee ones in the Nursery. They receive compensation for their time.
- There are also many support roles for leadership development, classroom preparations, curriculum development, activity guides, mentors, playmates, event planning and execution, and much more. The sky is the limit! Let us know your ideas for child and adult programs you’d like to bring to life!
FROM YOUR RECYCLING TEAM: Help Make UUCR Greener! Looking for an easy way to participate in UUCR’s efforts to be as green as possible? Join the Recycling Team! Recyclers spend 10-15 minutes after the church service on four or five Sundays per year making sure that waste in the kitchen, foyer, fellowship hall, and classrooms is properly sorted into recycling and trash, and that recyclables are placed in the appropriate bin behind the church. We provide all new recruits with a brief training to answer any questions. If you can help, please contact Mary Harshfield
From UUCR's Green Team See detailed information on the Green Team's home page or contact: Bob Egbert
School has started, so 88 children at four city elementary schools need our help to take home healthy snacks for the weekend and holidays. Currently, we need juice boxes, individual microwaveable mac & cheese, individual microwaveable packs of oatmeal (come 8-10/box), cereal/protein bars, peanut butter cracker packs, and individual cereal cups. Your donation goes in the blue tub on the bottom shelf of the kitchen island. Thanks in advance for answering the call.
Lifespan Faith Development Administrator